How to start drop shipping business?05/26/2018
Top 10 popular drop shipping countries05/30/2018
When you started with drop shipping business, you will be experienced with two shipping setting. One is shipping setting on Shopify store or WooCommerce store, another one is shipping method you request your drop shipping suppliers to use.
Shipping method is one of the most important factors during the whole business fluid, it is about fast, tracking information updates, delivery etc.
If you use a poor shipping method, there will be a high risk of your customer ask for a refund or chargeback. Buyer will open dispute when they did not see any tracking information update or long time delivery, then it will lose more than you get.
- USPS: Experienced from CJDropshipping, 70% of drop shipping orders are shipped to the USA buyer, in this situation, you can choose USPS as your primary shipping method. Using USPS shipping, the shipping label is full English and the orders are shipped from our US warehouse address. Delivery time is 2-5 days when orders are stocked in our US warehouse for domestic shipping. The shipping price is just 1-2 US dollars higher than ePacket, and available with products attribute with Ordinary, Liquid, Magnetic, Electronic, you can refer to here: https://app.cjdropshipping.com/myCJ.html#/myCJShippingCalculation
- Direct Line: It is one kind of shipping method apart from pure mail shipping, normally we bulk pack the same destination country mail orders into a large paper carton and use DHL, FedEx, UPS, TNT as the first delivery(from China to destination country), and when the bulk shipment arrived at the destination country, then we open the paper cartoon up and distribute them to the local buyers. For domestic shipping, we will use USPS when it is the USA, and DHL Paket when it is Germany, and Royal Mail when it is the UK etc. We can also consider USPS as a direct line to the USA. The direct line is faster than ePacket and normally less than 10 days delivery. Some of them available with products attribute contained Ordinary, Liquid, Magnetic, Electronic. The disadvantage is only available to the top five popular drop shipping country.
- ePacket: In 2011, the U.S. Government did something crazy: they made things more efficient. Long, really boring story, short, the U.S. Postal Service, the Hongkong Post, and eBay China realized that they kinda liked each other and should make their relationship official. Now, packages from China and Hong Kong can be shipped first class USPS. This means customers can track their packages and not worry about them ending up in some rusty cargo hold. If mail can’t be delivered, it’s returned for free, meaning that you can issue a refund if something goes wrong and not have your profit margins killed. It’s also a LOT faster and cheaper, which are the most important things for drop shippers. Your customers want things fast. You don’t want expensive shipping costs pillaging your profits. EPacket was designed specifically for eCommerce. If you are a drop shipper, this is DEFINITELY how you should be getting your packages to your customers. However, ePacket changed a lot, it is not that fast and also delay, the good news is we have better options. Epacket available with products attribute by Ordinary, Electronic. Very hard to ship Liquid, Magnetic, Electronic contained products.
- China Post Registered Air Mail：China Post is the official postal service of China. It is the most loaded post of the world. China Post offers a wide range of postal services, including letters, parcels, newspapers and magazines, stamp collecting, handling agent and information business. China Post functions include the provision of public services related to the delivery, sorting, sending and delivery of both domestic and international mail. To optimize the process in the country created more than two hundred postal sorting and processing centers, the largest of which is located in Shanghai and Beijing. The airports of these cities are delivered to the bulk of international parcels to their further transportation. China Post is the standard way of delivery on Aliexpress, TaoBao, tMall and other for any kinds of goods. This is the state mail, so the delivery is the cheapest (usually free for the buyer, it is already included in the price of the goods), but also the longest in most cases. China Post Registered Air Mail strength is the most widely reachable shipping, and cheap. However, it is not trackable when orders outside of China. China Post Registered Air Mail is available with products to attribute contains Ordinary.
- Aliexpress Standard Shipping：It is a shipment option available to all customers. It’s more like “Fulfilled by Amazon” which means that AliExpress takes care of the product delivery itself. It is delivered by AliExpress’ shipping partners which include Singapore post (Most used), Correos, Posti-Finland, SPSR, DHL, and Direct Link. As a seller, you pack your products, but then it’s handed over to AliExpress Shipment Center who then check and deliver the products through their own service. As a buyer when you choose this shipment method, the same process happens again. The products are delivered to their shipment center first and then shipped to you through them. It’s one of the cheapest shipping options available on the website, mostly it’s entirely free, and sometimes it costs somewhere around $2-$3 for delivery. It is, however, one of the most secure shipping methods available on the platform and if you think you might have to dispute the transaction, then it’s the best option to choose since the retailer can quickly intervene and check the status. It is available with products to attribute contains Ordinary, Electronic, Magnetic.
- Bpost：Bpost, also known as the Belgian Post Group, is the Belgian company responsible for the delivery of national and international mail. The Belgian Post Group is one of the largest civilian employers in Belgium. It provides a range of postal, courier, direct marketing, banking, insurance and electronic services in a highly competitive European market. The headquarters are located in Brussels at the Muntcenter (Bisschopsstraat). It is available with products to attribute contains Ordinary, Electronic, Magnetic, Battery, Liquid etc.
- HK Post：HongKong Post is a government department of Hong Kong responsible for postal services, though operated as a trading fund. Founded in 1841, it was known as Postal Department or Post Office before the handover of Hong Kong in 1997. It has been a sub-member of the Universal Postal Union since 1877 and is a separate entity from China Post. It is available with products to attribute contains Ordinary, Electronic, Magnetic.
- Korea Post：Korea Post is the national postal service of South Korea, under the authority of the Ministry of Science and ICT, formerly Ministry of Knowledge Economy until 2013. Korea Post is in charge of postal service, postal banking،, and insurance services. Its headquarters is in the Sejong City.
Korea Post is charged with providing the following postal and financial services at post offices:
- Basic postal service (handling and delivering mail and parcels)
- Additional postal services (registered mail, customer pickup, P.O. Box, sales of local products by mail order and postal errand service)
- Postal savings, money orders and postal giro
- Postal insurance.
- It is available with products to attribute contains Ordinary, Electronic, Magnetic, Battery, Liquid etc.
- DHL：DHL is fast as everybody knows, however it is expensive. Drop shippers will use this shipping when they are in urgent. It is available with products to attribute contains Ordinary, Electronic, Magnetic.
- Free Shipping：China post ordinary small packet plus or Malaysia Post are widely used for free shipping option, They are around 30 countries reachable. Years ago, people use Free products + Pay shipping model to drop ship products, and they normally use free shipping. Now, no one uses Free shipping, since it is a trouble. It is available with products to attribute contains Ordinary only.